Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Funeral Song



One time, I came across with all the songs of Lene Marlin. The only song I knew from this artist is "Sitting Down Here." I have a music video of the song and it's been a long time since I first preview the video on my laptop. I'm amazed with her voice. I decided to search for some of her songs. I have the chance to hear all her songs in one of the sites where everyone can download songs from the different artists. One song at a time! I'm deeply moved by her voice. I managed to download every songs she'd had.

The song that struck me most was, "Heaven is a Place Nearby." Upon hearing this song, Golly, I feel so relax, made you feel you are in heaven and it's just simply meditative. I could play and hear it over and over again on my playlist. My day won't be complete without hearing the song. It totally clears my mind so I decided to make it a habit.

Just came up to me that this is going to be the song to be played on the day of my funeral hahaha!!! Hella dramatic! For me to rest in peace, literally!

Here's the lyrics of the song:

Heaven is a Place Nearby

I entered the room
Sat by your bed all through the night
I watched your daily fight
I hardly knew
The pain was almost more than I could bear
And still I hear
Your last words to me

[Chorus]:
Heaven is a place nearby
So I won't be so far away
And if you try and look for me
Maybe you'll find me someday
Heaven is a place nearby
So there's no need to say goodbye
I will ask you not to cry
I'll always be by your side

You just faded away
You spread your wings, you had flown
Away to something unknown
Wish I could bring you back
You're always on my mind
About to tear myself apart
You have your special place in my heart, always

And even when I go to sleep
I still can hear your voice
And those words
I never will forget








No comments: