Friday, February 5, 2010

First Job Interview

I would say that I had attended a sort of unproductive job interview. I would also call it, Stupid.
Why? I'd answer: The stupidity of the other applicants and the company itself!

*I never thought that they would use the local dialect in answering the questions asked by the interviewer.
*I don't like the fact that supposedly, the written exam would start at exactly 8 in the morning, informing us through text messaging and why the hell did they start at 7 am? When Sherry and I got at the office, the rest of the applicants were already finished answering the three given questions. There were, I guess four of us who were late! grrrrrgh!
*There were written exam, interview and lastly the practical exam. The HR head of the company was the one who facilitated everything. As expected, during the interview which happened to be a group interview--Dave, the HR head used reverse psychology to intimidate us, the applicants. As if Sherry and I would be intimated! Nada! We've had enough of those traumatic experiences way back during the undergraduate degree and what he was trying to portray isn't considered half of what we've had experienced. Sherry and I stay cool as if we did not hear his "checheboreche" stuffs.
*Kinda stupid for some applicants during the interview when they draw anime character when the interviewer asked for the talent hahahah :))) and there was one situation which I could not really configured out, why the applicant demonstrated a barking dog! hahaha that was stupid as he was really barking! I only remember the HR telling him to bark and he followed barking--- all of us just kept on laughing as well as Sir Dave! lol
*Lastly, there comes the PRACTICAL EXAM! I find the practical exam stupid! It is called, ONE-TIME SELLING... Applying for a company that involves marketing, they say that it is necessary for us to take this exam. ONE-TIME SELLING, as the word connotes, we have to get involved in selling! Kind of, being a sales agent for once. I looked at Sherry Ann and said what the hell!?! We have to sell one of their products which cost, P2995 and the other one which costs, P1650.. Quite expensive for their products. Frankly speaking, if I am the buyer, there's no way for me to buy the product for that price. It's not worth it! Gosh! That would be the first time I will do selling. I cannot picture myself selling any products! Golly Damn mother holy gracious horse! lol! If we won't be able to sell their product, there's no way for us to sign a contract for training!

I don't want to waste my time roaming along the Bacolod downtown just to sell cheap products! :) Sorry! I have my own plan to consider and so, I told Sherry about my ultimate plan on how we could finish the practical exam with flying colors! hahaha I won't tell but in the end, we got the contract! Still, I am certain that part of me wants to apply for any jobs out there and quit this one.!! I might rather take this as part of my funny experience during job-hunting! Job-hunting after all, is not that tiring nor boring. It's a whole lot of fun experiencing what reality of the outside world is!..... :)

No comments: